In response to Bob's request for more posts, I'll share/journal about my first day of student teaching in high school.
Yes, I survived first day of school. I attended a 9th grader general science class as well as chemistry classes. Both were very interesting. Students were more well-behaved than I had imagined. But then I've been told that they are just getting used to the new environment, it will get noisier as the week progresses.
What surprised me about the school is its diversity. I have had to look up people and religious groups in order to learn more about them. Did you know that Sacramento is the most diverse city in the United States? I didn't know that until this summer! And this definitely shows in the school.
My greatest challenge for the week is to memorize the students' names. We'll see how that goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment